General Visa Information for China
Conference participants may need a Chinese visa to enter China. Specifically, those who are not Chinese citizens, except passport holders from Singapore, Brunei, and Japan, need a Chinese visa. Participants can apply for a visa at the Chinese embassy or consulate in the region in which they live. To avoid uncertainty, participants will be advised to apply for a visa as early as possible. It is recommended that they apply for a Chinese visa at least 2 months in advance.
For most attendees, it is easier to apply for a Tourist ("L") visa; an invitation letter is NOT required for obtaining a Tourist visa.
Necessary materials to apply for Chinese Visa
- Original signed passport – must be at least 1 yr valid with 2-3 clear visa pages;
- One recent, 2 inch full-faced and bareheaded passport photo (the daily life photo, photo copy or digital photo printed on the ordinary paper shall not be accepted) Click here for photo requirements;
- One Visa Application Form of the Peoples Republic of China, which is filled clearly with true, authentic and complete information and signed by the applicant. Click here to download application form;
- Other related application materials according to different purposes for your trip to China;
- Other materials related to the visa application, deemed as necessary by the visa officer (ex. Round trip flight itinerary, hotel confirmation letter, etc.)
* For more information, please contact the local Chinese Embassy in your country.
If some participants need another type of visa that does require an invitation letter, the Metabolomics 2020 Planning Committee will be glad to help. Please note that letters of invitation are only issued to registered and paid attendees.
Follow these steps precisely to receive your letter.
- Provide these details, with a corresponding number:
- Full Name
- Credentials (Job Title) and Name of Organization
- Postal Address at Organization (Work)
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Date of Birth
- Passport Number
- Passport Issued at (place)
- Passport Issued on (date)
- Passport Expires on (date)
- Make sure your registration fee for the conference has been paid in full. Requests for invitation letters will not be processed if your registration is unpaid.
- If approved, your letter will be sent via e-mail. We are not able to provide letters via postal mail.